Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Friendliest Alpaca

Have you ever gone to a farm only to have the alpacas avoid you like the plague?  You may be wondering: "Why do they call them the Huggable Investment"?

OK, I've asked myself that same question, however, I do have one beautiful alpaca that would qualify as a "huggable investment" and her name is Crystal Light.  You may recognize her name from my previous post:  Saving Crystal.  Based on that story (take time to read it if you haven't already), my unscientific theory is that Crystal, in her own way, is thanking me for saving her life.

Each morning when I go out to do chores, Crystal lovingly comes up to me and wants a hug and kiss.  She brightens my day as she makes all kinds of humming noises, vocalizing her approval.  I wish I could upload a tape of the sounds she makes, so you could hear it.

As you can see by the photo, this affection is not directed only towards me, but is freely expressed to others.  So, if you are ever in Northern Ohio, please feel free to contact the Criation Station Alpaca Farm to visit Crystal Light.  Maybe she'll have a hug and kiss just for you!

To see more information about Crystal go to http://www.alpacanation.com/alpacasforsale/03_viewalpaca.asp?name=140864

No comments:

Post a Comment